Service Corps

Friday, July 31, 2009

Well... we are entering into our last couple days here in South Africa. It's pretty sad that it is coming to an end. We have all had such an awesome summer! Mission Team has affected us and infected us so much. We are totally ready to come home and keep things going.

We got back from Lesotho yesterday and that was an awesome week! We did a lot of youth and kids ministry. Yesterday was just crazy. It started out with all the girls coming into the guys room at 2AM with shaving cream. Messy...

But the boys bit back (not me though). Right when we were about to leave, an egg, shaving cream, and flour frenzy broke out against the girls. That led to a hose being brought out and it was just a lot of fun.

Today, I got corn rows. Weird I know, but I figured this would be the only time I would ever get the opportunity to get them done. It actually doesn't look to wangster. ha. I'm gonna keep them in til we get back so all the service corps peeps can see them, as well as my beard, but then they are going to be gone. Let me just say that this was probably one of the most painful experiences of my life.

Tonight we are going out to dinner with all the youth department from THQ, and that should be fun, especially with my new hairdo.

Tomorrow we are going to gold reef city, a theme park in Johannesburg, then just chilling once we get done there, getting the rest of our packing done. Then Sunday we are going to the South Rand morning meeting, then we leave for the airport at 4 and shall arrive home the next morning 11AM PST.

I'm both sad and happy to get home. I am definitely going to miss everyone here, but I look forward to getting home and seeing my family and peeps. and WMI should be fun also!

Anywho, I look forward to seeing everyone in a couple days! Hope the sentiment is returned!

Nick

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home