Service Corps

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kids in Kam Tin

                                   Me and Michael


                                   Krystina and Lily


We finally got to go to the corps where 4 of us will be serving next week. Oh my goodness the kids are adorable. We just visited for about an hour during their after school program, where they work on homework and English assignments.  They threw us in there and we each were helping a kid out with their English, which we were experts at :). When the little kids speak English they have an English accent and it's adorable.

The kid I was helping was named Michael. He showed me how to write it in Cantonese, it was crazy intense. I tried to copy it, and it was a valiant effort if I do say so myself, it was fun to try anyway.  He had so many worksheets to complete before he had to go home.  They all spoke English so well, it was a big eye-opener. It's was so cool how they could switch back and forth from Cantonese and English like nothing. I really want to pick up some language while I'm here, it's so beautiful. We are all so excited to start working with the corps and the kids next week. It is going to be amazing. I don't know exactly what the plan is, but I do know that God is in control of that plan, and whatever we do end up doing, it will bring glory to Him. That makes me so happy.

Still praying for everyone. Spain, Chile, South Africa, and Hawaii....

Love, 

Sarah K and team



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home